Sunday, April 26, 2015

Sharing a Special Shabbat with Soldiers




The Shabbat Experience by Aviva Lerman

 I like the way Israel celebrates Shabbat: normally full of hustle and bustle, the entire country just… stops. It takes a break from everything, and all is calm.
 We visited the Great Synagogue in Jerusalem and, honestly, although I don't normally enjoy when there is separation in synagogues, the Shabbat vibe filling the entire room made me love it.
 We met with soldiers for lunch, including KBA alumni Ariana Berlin.  That experience was pretty סבבה; we got to learn all about the IDF as well as the soldiers and their personal stories.
America is not a Jewish country, so it just doesn't have the Shabbat atmosphere, but in Israel, well, you have to experience it to believe it. Simply put, it was one of my best-spent Shabbats so far!




No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Rabbi Michah Liben is the Director of Jewish Life and Learning at Kellman Brown Academy.